Global warming and climate change are complex environmental issues with varying opinions and endless facts available from numerous sources. In Comprehending the Climate Crisis, author Dr. Bradley J. Dibble provides a comprehensive overview of the climate issues facing the world today.
Written for the layperson, Comprehending the Climate Crisis discusses the background science, the problem of global warming, and the solutions available to all of us. Addressing a wide range of topics related to climate, it:
• explains where carbon originated and how it found its way on Earth;
• details how carbon became incorporated into fossil fuels which now make up the backbone of today’s global economy;
• describes the composition of the atmosphere before civilization’s influence began to alter it;
• provides basic scientifi c concepts by way of examples that are easy to understand;
• discusses the mechanics of the combustion of fossil fuels and how our dependence on them has led to significant changes in the atmosphere’s composition; and
• addresses solutions available for individuals, families, societies, and governments to consider.
With education as its focus, Comprehending the Climate Crisis arms the public with information to use as a stepping-stone to help save the planet from ourselves and for our future.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|