Comprehensive Clinical Hepatology: Text with CD-ROM / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Authoritative and highly illustrated in full color, this comprehensive resource is the result of a joint effort of four experienced senior clinicians and educators. It focuses on the medical aspects of transplantation, offers an oasis of knowledge on key topics for clinical practice and examination, and discusses the newest developments in the field, including NASH and chronic viral hepatitis.
• Covers all aspects of medical transplantation.
• Features expert guidance and clinical coverage in one convenient volume.
• Uses full-color art work, clinical photographs, and time-saving tables for easy retrieval of information.
• Emphasizes key topics for clinical practice and certifying examinations.
• Incorporates the most recent advances in Hepatology, including NASH and chronic viral hepatitis.
• Features a BONUS CD-ROM containing all of the superb full-color illustrations from the book able to be downloaded into PowerPoint™.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Textbook with CD-ROM|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Section 1: Normal Structure and Function
Anatomy of the Normal Liver
Cellular Biology of the Normal Liver
Function of the Normal Liver
Section 2: Evaluation
Clinical Evaluation of the Patient with Liver Disease
Section 3: Signs and Symptoms
Gastrointestinal Hemorrahage and Portal Hypertension
Ascites and Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis
Hepatorenal Syndrome and other Renal Diseases
Associated Systemic Conditions of Liver Disease
Section 4: Treatment Techniques
Non-transpant Surgery and the Liver
Section 5: Diseases and Disorders
Viral Hepatitis A & E
Viral Hepatitis B & D
Hepatitis C & G
HIV and the Liver
Miscellaneous Infections of the Liver
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
Primary Schlerosing Cholangitis
Alcoholic Liver Disease
Metabolic Diseases of the Liver
Benign Tumours and Cystic Diseases of the Liver
Malignant Tumours of the Liver
Biliary and Cholestatic Diseases
Vascular Diseases of the Liver
Drug- and Toxin-induced Liver Disease
Acute Liver Failure
Hepatobiliary Dysfunction in the Critically Ill
The Liver and Systemic Disease
Section 6: Considerations in Special Populations
Pregnancy and the Liver
Pediatric Liver Diseases
Section 7: Transplantation Hepatology
Indications and Patient Selection
The Transplant Operation
Immunology and Immunosuppression