Takes the reader through the entire process, beginning with the evolution of CTP, to give a "big picture" view of the technology. This second edition also examines the new trends impacting computer-to-plate, including proofing, digital printing, and thermal technology. Vendor chapters have been entirely revised to reflect the current state of the market. Specification sheets have been updated by the manufacturers to provide a basis for comparison between platesetters. Learn about:
- Press trends impacting the printing industry
- New trends in the front end that will change the way printing is done
- Color proofing for computer-to-plate technology
- The latest in plate and imaging technology
- Implementing an effective digital workflow, including quality control for CTP
Richard M. Adams II holds the Apple ColorSync Chair and is the research scientist/digital imaging and color reproduction specialist at the Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF). He is co-author of GATFPress's best-selling GATF Practical Guide to Color Management and has written a number of articles for GATFWorld and other publications. Frank J. Romano is the Roger K. Fawcett Distinguished Professor of Graphic Arts at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York. He is the author of many graphic arts books, including the GATF Encyclopedia of Graphic Communications, and he is founding editor for PennWell Graphics Group publications.