Computers in Your Future Complete 2005 Edition / Edition 7 available in Paperback
This introduction to computers is noted for its lucid explanations of computing concepts, practical applications of technology theory, and emphasis on the historical and societal impacts of technological innovations. It features integrated coverage of management information systems, networking, email, and the Internet.
Other coverage of cutting-edge topics includes Microsoft Office 2003, ethics, e-commerce, crime and security, privacy, communications trends and infrastructure, multimedia, buying and upgrading your computer system, and file management.
For individuals seeking an introduction to computers.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents1. Computers, the Web and You.
Spotlight 1: Ethics.
2. System Software: The Operating Environment.
3. Application Software: Tools for Productivity.
Spotlight 2: Microsoft Office.
4. Inside the System Unit.
5. Input/Output and Storage.
Spotlight 3: File Management.
6. Networks: Communicating and Sharing Resources.
7. The Internet and World Wide Web.
8. Wired and Wireless Communications.
Spotlight 4: Buying and Upgrading Your Computer System.
9. E-Commerce, Privacy and Security.
10. Databases and Information Systems.
11. Systems Analysis and Design.
Spotlight 5: Multimedia and Virtual Reality.
12. Programming Languages and Program Development.
13. Careers and Certification.
14. Enterprise Computing.
Spotlight 6: Emerging Technologies.