I. AN INVITATION TO STRUGGLE.
1. The War Power: No Checks, No Balances, Louis Fisher.
2. Congress: How Silent a Partner? John F. Stack, Jr. and Colton C. Campbell.
II. CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN THE TREATY MAKING PROCESS.
3. Advice and Consent: The Forgotten Power, David P. Auerswald.
4. Presidential and Congressional Relations in Foreign Affairs: The Treaty-Making Power and the Rise of Executive Agreements, David M. O'Brien.
5. A Tale of Two Treaties: The Practical Politics of Treaty Ratification in the U.S. Senate, C. Lawrence Evans and Walter J. Oleszek.
III. LEGISLATING FOREIGN POLICY.
6. Alarms and Patrols: Legislative Oversight in Foreign and Defense Policy, Christopher J. Deering.
7. The Republican House and Foreign Policy in the 104th Congress and Beyond, Jonathan D. Mott and Nicol C. Rae.
8. Context and Decision: Explaining U.S. Policy toward Cuba, 1980 to 2000, Christine DeGregorio and David H. Richards.