The America the Beautiful series takes readers on a photographic tour of the country's most beautiful states and most vibrant cities. Top photographers contribute their best images of both well-known destinations and hidden gems, and clear and informative captions bring each scene to life. These handsomely designed books show the beauty of each destination and will be enjoyed by visitors and locals alike.
As one of the Thirteen Colonies, Connecticut is home to Revolutionary War sites that attract many visitors. It is also well known for its many educational institutions, particularly Yale University and UConn.
Some of the other highlights captured in this handsome new addition to the America the Beautiful series include:
- Sites old and new in the beautiful capital, Hartford
- Historic New Haven and the coastline along Long
- The rolling mountains and horse farms of Litchfield Hills
- The Nathan Hale homestead and Putnam Cottage
- Outdoor fun on the Connecticut River and the Appalachian Trail
Connecticut has something for everybody: a thriving arts scene, bustling towns, zoos, aquariums and some of the prettiest countryside in the eastern United States enough to get anyone out exploring.
About the Author
Jordan Worek's books include Boston, Chicago, Florida and Washington, DC, in the America the Beautiful series.