Using a competency-based approach, this text provides a complete overview of the research and theories of interpersonal communication. This integrated approach stresses the development of communication competencies, including skills, understanding of the theory and research that contextualize the skills and make them relevant to learning, and the motivation to put the skills into practice. The inclusion of intercultural and gender material throughout the text makes CONNECTING relevant to the students' daily communication.
|Publisher:||Harcourt College Publishers|
Table of Contents1. Foundations for Communication Competency.
2. Conceiving the Self.
3. The Self and Others.
5. Nonverbal Communication.
6. Verbal Communication.
7. Stress and Communication Anxiety.
8. Interpersonal Relationship Process.
9. Beginning, Maintaining, and Ending Interpersonal Relationships.
10. Interpersonal Relationships in the Family.
11. Managing Relational Discord.