Launch your career in construction management with thisone-of-a-kind book
The construction management industry is expected to increaseemployment by 16 percent over the next decade. This second editionof a bestselling introduction to construction management walks youthrough each stage of the construction management process.
Written from the constructor's perspective, this book willfamiliarize you with all the construction management fundamentalsand how Building Information Modeling (BIM) is impacting theconstruction management profession.
- Covers interoperability of technology advances in theconstruction industry
- Explains how BIM is challenging the traditional approach toproject delivery and how this affects the constructor's role
- Elaborates each stage of the design and construction processand the tasks associated with each of them
- Shows step-by-step how to estimate project costs, administercontracts, manage job site and construction operations, plan andschedule a project, monitor project performance, manage projectquality and safety, and assess project risks
- Provides review questions at the end of each chapter to helpenforce understanding
The tried-and-true project management principles presented inthis book will help ensure you a successful start to yourcareer.
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Barbara J. Jackson is Director of the California Center for Construction Education and a Professor of Construction Management at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. She holds a BS in Housing and Design, an MS in Construction Management, and a PhD in Education and Human Resources. With over 20 years of experience as a licensed contractor and design-builder, she is a nationally recognized speaker and consultant on alternative project delivery.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Construction Industry.
Chapter 2 What Is Construction Management?
Chapter 3 How We Get the Work.
Chapter 4 The Construction Contract.
Chapter 5 Project Stages.
Chapter 6 Estimating Project Costs.
Chapter 7 Contract Administration.
Chapter 8 Construction Operations and Job Site Management.
Chapter 9 Project Planning and Scheduling.
Chapter 10 Monitoring Project Performance.
Chapter 11 Managing Quality and Safety.
Chapter 12 Managing Project Risks.
Chapter 13 Building Information Modeling.
Appendix A Common Acronyms Used in Construction.
Appendix B Answers to Review Questions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews