In this one-of-a-kind book Dr. Carmen has brought together the most distinguished U.S. audiologists, scientists and authorities, each seasoned professionals in their respective hearing specialty, and some who themselves have hearing loss and wear hearing aids. What you'll read inside is state of the art, and designed to change your life!
This 2004 fully updated edition contains two new chapters: How to Map your own Audiogram and How Hearing Aids Positively Impact your Quality of Life and a more expanded section on ALDs. This second edition focuses more sharply on the core issues of living with hearing loss. The book charts a quiet path on how to achieve life satisfaction despite less than optimal hearing. A recurrent theme of pushing through the resistance gently and sensitively comes through. You'll understand how to align your expectations with actual hearing ability. This book is written for consumers with hearing loss and their families. It addresses the whole person, not merely one
aspect of the problem.
Clinical Audiologist Dr. Richard Carmen has been writing consumer books and articles on hearing loss for more than 25 years. In this one-of-a-kind book he has brought together the most distinguished U.S. audiologists, scientists and authorities, each seasoned professionals in their respective hearing specialty, and some who themselves have hearing loss and wear hearing aids. What you'll read inside is state of the art and designed to change your life!
• Explore the volatile emotions and issues surrounding hearing loss
• Learn where and how to find help
• Map your own audiogram
• Discover how hearing loss impacts yourquality of life
• Take self-assessment tests and find out if you really have a problem
• Uncover the ins and outs of hearing aids
• Read why some people reject hearing aids but how they can work for you
• Make auditory changes by diet, nutrition, exercise - things you can do
• Study the nuts and bolts of hearing aid maintenance and their longevity
• Find out the impact of aging on hearing
• Master incredibly easy and effective ways to listen better
• Discover fabulous devices besides hearing aids that solve problems
|Publisher:||Auricle Ink Publishers|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
|Age Range:||12 Years|