Contemporary Business Communication / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
This comprehensive, exceptionally applied introduction to business communication uses actual business documents and applications from real companies to provide readers with a state-of-the-art perspective and hands-on practice with situations they will encounter on-the-job. The book includes examples that compare and contrast effective and ineffective writing, practical writing-tips features, and document-writing exercises. Effective oral communication in public speaking, in oral presentations, and in collaborative, small group settings are emphasized. The information and skills users need to find their first job is outlined in step-by-step personal and job-market analyses through sample resumes and cover letters, an examination of the stages in a model employment interview, and a study of critical job-search tools.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Product dimensions:||8.24(w) x 10.33(h) x 1.21(d)|
Table of Contents
I. COMMUNICATION FUNDAMENTALS AND CHALLENGES.
2. Mastering Communication Technology.
3. Communication Challenges in a Diverse World.
II. WRITING BASICS.
5. Organizing, Composing, and Designing Business Documents.
6. Revising and Editing Business Documents.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL LETTERS AND MEMOS.
8. Writing Good-News, Goodwill, and Information.
9. Writing Bad-News and Negative Messages.
10. Writing Persuasive Messages.
IV. REPORT AND PROPOSAL WRITING.
12. Using Visual Aids in Business Reports and Proposals.
13. Organizing and Writing Short and Long Reports.
14. Organizing and Writing Short and Long Proposals.
V. FORMS OF ORAL COMMUNICATION.
16. Oral Communication in Groups.
VI. EMPLOYMENT COMMUNICATION.
18. Effective Employment Interviewing.
Appendix A. Preparing Business Documents.
Appendix B. Basics of Grammar and Usage.
Appendix C. Internet Research.