(Percussion). Break down rock into fifteen important sub-styles with this unique book/CD pack. For each sub-style, you get a comprehensive lesson centering on a fully notated "chart" of the music on the CD. The CD contains a performance demo and then a version without the drums for you to play-along. With the sound of the music in your ears, you can study and practice the technical aspects performing the rhythms of each style. Each style section includes: historical references and background
• useful information and explanations about the sub-style
• notated musical examples of the style for drums
• additional exercises and alternative variations
• important performance tips
• discographies and bibliographies
• demonstration performances and play-along tracks on the CD.