Control Engineering / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Control Engineering provides a basic yet comprehensive introduction to the subject of control engineering for both mechanical and electrical engineering students. It is well written, easy to follow and contains many examples to reinforce understanding of the theory.
This second edition has undergone a substantial revision in order to appeal to both branches of engineering but still serves as a basic introduction that does not venture into unnecessary depth, and does not assume too much of the reader.Key Features * comprehensive introduction which starts at a low level
* includes three new chapters on control system hardware, discrete time systems and microprocessor based control
* chapter on z-transform has been rewritten
* includes more practical applications, including section on use of MATLAB
* supported by more case studies
* section on digital control made much stronger
* improved index
* essential reading for all HNC/HND students undertaking any study of control engineering. It is also suitable for any degree course where an introduction to control system analysis is required.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
William Bolton is a former Consultant to Further Education Unit and Head of Research, Development and Monitoring BTEC.
Table of Contents
1. Control Systems.
2. System Models.
3. System Response.
4. Laplace Transforms.
5. Dynamic System Model.s
6. Block Dynamic Models.
7. Steady-State Error.
8. Poles, Zeros And Stability.
9. Root Locus Analysis.
11. Frequency Response.
12. Control System Hardware.
13. Control Of Discrete Process.
14. Microprocessor Based Control.
Answers To Problems.