Bestselling quick-prep Greek course for travelers, now in CD format!
This accessible minicourse provides all the communication skills needed to make the most of a foreign jaunt. In just one week--less time than it takes to get a passport--you can learn enough Greek to conduct typical travelers' transactions with conversational confidence.
Organized into seven units, one for each day of the week, these colorfully illustrated chapters feature:
- Vocabulary and phrase lists for everyday situations such as dining, shopping, and asking for directions
- Accessible grammar points and interactive practice exercises
- An easy-to-navigate vocabulary list for on-the-spot reference
- Dialogues and exercises performed by native speakers--now on CD
- Updated information about ATMs and public phones abroad
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Companies, The|
|Series:||Conversational... in 7 Days Series|
|Edition description:||Book & CD|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.77(d)|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The book has conversations, few activities, culture information and the Greek script along with translation and English pronounciation. There are simple grammar points and illustrations, but more travel dialogue, even though it seems like a good book for beginners of the language. It is missing some parts and it goes at a fast pace which will most likely confuse the learner and the few activities are not enough to fully memorize vocabulary. Also, you should not even attempt to learn Greek in just one week.