Cornerstone Building Your Best & Video Cases on CD / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall
This guide book offers one of the most complete, concrete student success programs in the country, with suggestions and strategies for academic success and personal improvement–including goals, change, and career/life planning. Visually stunning, and conversationally written, the book provides readers with a variety of solutions to almost any problem faced in the first year of college and beyond.
Chapter topics include preparing for and dealing with change; motivation, goal setting and self-esteem; things you need to know about college, but may never ask; managing your time and money wisely; the art of active listening; empowering your memory; critical and creative thinking skills; practical steps for writing and speaking; and a plan for wellness, stress reduction and personal responsibility.
For anyone preparing and planning to succeed in life.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
For additional information about author Robb Sherfield, please visit his website at http://www.robertsherfield.com/pages/569567/index.htm.
Table of Contents
1. Change: Dealing with Change, Setting Goals, and Getting Motivated.
2. Persist: Things You Need to Know about Succeeding, but May Never Ask.
3. Prioritize: Managing Your Time and Money.
4. Read: Building Active Reading and Comprehension Skills.
5. Learn: Multiple Intelligences, Learning Styles and Personality Typing.
6. Record: The Art of Active Listening and Note Taking.
7. Remember: Empowering Your Memory.
8. Assess: Strategies for Test Taking.
9. Think: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills.
10. Prosper: Preparing for Success in the World of Word… and Beyond.