Counseling for Diversity: A Guide for School Counselors and Related Professionals / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Provides practicing school counselors and their colleagues with direction for developing, implementing, and evaluating important components of counseling programs for culturally diverse student groups. TOPICS: Intervention strategies and techniques for counseling students from the major groups of color in the United States are offered. The strategies are emphasized in case studies that take the reader inside the counseling process with students from these groups. A blueprint for ongoing professional development in multicultural school counseling is included, along with direction for acquiring the awareness, knowledge, and skills that contribute to multicultural literacy. School Psychologists. A Longwood Professional Book.
|Product dimensions:||6.25(w) x 9.37(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents
1. School Counseling and Cultural Diversity: A Framework for Effective Practice.
II. CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING K-12.
2. Counseling Interventions with African-American Youth.
3. Counseling Youth of Arab Ancestry.
4. Counseling Asian-American Students.
5. Counseling Hispanic Children and Youth.
6. Counseling Native-American Students.
III. CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE SCHOOL CONSULTATION, CLASSROOM GUIDANCE, COORDINATION, AND ACCOUNTABILITY.
7. Cross Cultural School Consultation.
8. Multicultural Classroom Guidance.
9. Coordination of Counseling Services in a Culturally Pluralistic School Environment.
10. Accountability in a Culturally Pluralistic School Setting.
11. Multicultural Literacy: Imperatives for Culturally Responsive School Counseling.