Go from being feckless to flawless at French in only 24 hours.
So you're leaving for France in a few days and you don't speak a word of the language? What will you do if you get lost in Paris and have to ask for directions? Or your rental car acts up and you need a mechanic? Or your flight from Nice is delayed and you want to reschedule? Believe it or not, it isn't too late! With Countdown to French, in just 24 hours you'll learn to speak like a native in all sorts of everyday situations.
This unique and efficient countdown self-instruction is organized into 24 units, each designed to take no more than one hour to study. Beginning with an introduction to basic pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary, the units move quickly to practical conversational skills for both vacation and business travelers. By the time you count down to 00:00 hours, you'll know how to:
- Sound like a native, from syllable stress to nasal vowels
- Recognize and properly use nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- Ask and answer any type of question, in person or on the phone
- Get help anywhere, from the auto shop to the post office to the dry cleaner's
- Cope with travel needs at the airport, hotel, or train station
- Conduct business effectively
Neither a daunting textbook nor a flimsy phrase book, this unique language system combines grammar and vocabulary instruction into manageable, highly effective 60-minute lessons. Once you've completed the lessons, you'll be ready try out your newly honed skills on the beaches of the Cote d'Azur. You'll be amazed at what a difference a day makes!
About the Author
Gail Stein is a dedicated language instructor who has taught in New York City public schools for more than 30 years. She has written numerous books on language self-instruction.