Completely revised, updated, and featuring more examples, Cover Letters! Cover Letters! Cover Letters! is for anyone and everyone on the job-search trail, from new college grads to veteran managers. Whether responding to newspaper ads, conducting an outreach campaign or using letters to "network" with colleagues and acquaintances, this book offers multiple samples of every conceivable kind of letter to help the user land that perfect job. Includes detailed advice and current examples such as, letters following up on interviews, letters turning down a job offer, and letters thanking a colleague for an introduction. Written by a leader in the career search field, Cover Letters! Cover Letters! Cover Letters! is the perfect reference users will turn to again and again.
|Product dimensions:||7.06(w) x 9.96(h) x 0.43(d)|
About the Author
Richard Fein has been director of placement at the University of Massachusetts (Amherst) School of Management for more than a decade. He has successfully helped place thousands of students and professionals.
Table of Contents1. Cover Letters: Who Needs Them?,
2. Organizing Research,
3. An Opening That Gets Attention,
4. Why Should You Interview Me,
5. Why I Want To Work For You,
6. Closing: Road To An Opening,
7. Writing a Prototype,
8. Six Pillars of Writing Wisdom,
9. Your Resume and Cover Letter: Partners in Progress,
10. Are All Situations Covered?,
11. Networking: What Is It, How To Use it,
12. Finding Job Leads,
13. The Computer Based Job Search: A New Tool,
14. ... And More Cover Letters!, Epilogue: A Final Review,
Appendix: Resource List.