CPC-H Coding Exam Review 2007: The Certification Step / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This book highlights important content necessary to pass the CPC-H exam. It includes all the content sections found in the exam AND two full practice exams with answers and rationales. Using a general outline format, the text covers anatomy and terminology for each body area, reimbursement issues, and an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding. Unit IV contains a pre-exam, modeled after the actual AAPC CPC-H certification exam. Also included is a bound-in CD-ROM with a post-exam, (which has the same content as the pre-exam), along with a final exam.
• Basic outline format, with figures for reference as needed, provides quick and easy review for students.
• Text highlights important content information required to pass the CPC-H exam.
• Bound-in CD-ROM contains a post-exam to give students more practice with the electronic format, especially now that the actual CPC-H exam is administered via computer.
• CD-ROM also contains a final exam modeled after the actual AAPC CPC-H certification exam.
• IER contains various course planning tools that allow the instructor flexibility to adapt the book to classroom needs.
• Includes suggestions for how instructors can implement the new practice resource The Extra Step: Facility-Based Coding Practice.
• Additional quizzes for extra assessment (located on the CD-ROM) give instructors another resource to readily test their students' knowledge.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Cpc-H Coding Exam Review: the Certification Step Series|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
UNIT I Anatomy and Pathophysiology
1. Integumentary System
2. Musculoskeletal System
3. Respiratory System
4. Cardiovascular System
5. Female Genital System and Pregnancy
6. Male Genital System
7. Urinary System
8. Digestive System
9. Mediastinum and Diaphragm
10. Hemic and Lymphatic System
11. Endocrine System
12. Nervous System
14. Anatomy and Terminology Quiz Answers
UNIT II Reimbursement Issues
1. Your Responsibility
2. Population Change = Reimbursement Change
4. National Correct Coding Initiative
5. Federal Register
6. Peer Review Organization (PRO)
7. Submitted For Reimbursement of Facility Based Services/Supplies
8. Data Quality
9. Ambulatory Patient Classifications (APC)
10. Medicare Fraud and Abuse
11. Managed Health Care
12. Reimbursement Quiz
UNIT III Overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
1. Introduction to Medical Coding
3. HCPCS Coding
UNIT IV Examinations
A. Testing & CD-ROM information
1. Pre-test Answer Sheet
2. Pre-test Answers
Appendix A: ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Combining Forms
Appendix D: Prefixes
Appendix E: Suffixes
Appendix F: Abbreviations
Appendix G: Further Text Resources