The Bible is not only the world's best-selling book-for many, it's also the most intimidating. Perhaps you've:
• Tried reading the Bible, but got lost or confused
• Joined a Bible study group, but couldn't keep up
• Encountered people claiming to know what the Bible says-and wished you knew whether they were fairly representing the Scriptures
If so, Cracking the Book: How to Start Reading the Bible is the guide you need.
In easy-to-understand language, pastor and biblical scholar J. Mark Lawson gives you everything you need to begin reading the Bible confidently for yourself. You'll learn:
• How to find your way around
• The best place to begin reading
• How to interpret and apply the Scriptures
Lawson also provides a concise overview of the Bible's contents from Genesis to Revelation. You'll see how it all fits together-and why Christians call it the Word of God.