The bestselling book gets a new chapter—making it up-to-date for today’s crafting entrepreneur
In these tough times, can crafters and other creative women turn their dream of a home-run business into reality? With a brand-new chapter addressing that very question, this revised edition of Crafting a Business remains the most relevant and inspirational resource for women who want the joy of doing creative work they love on a flexible schedule that fits their lifestyle.
At the heart of Crafting a Business are profiles of a wide-ranging group of innovative female entrepreneurs. Their varied experiences illustrate what one should (and shouldn’t) do: entrepreneurial basics are clearly presented with advice on creating a smart business plan, and information-filled sidebars give facts and figures on starting and running a company. A lengthy resource section provides additional invaluable information on new online venues for selling crafts; strategies and tactics for developing a business with minimal staff; and quick tips that will help foster community and build a customer base through social media.
The featured entrepreneurs include:
- Amy Butler, owner of Amy Butler Design
- Anna Corba, owner of Found Cat Studio (home accessories)
- Michelle Joy, owner of Primrose, a floral design and vintage shop
- Marilyn Lysohir, owner of Cowgirl Chocolates
- Lisa Norris, owner of Made by One Girl (handmade books)
- Kate Shifrin Style Consultants Inc., and Come Flea with Me
- Jane Zaccaria, owner of Tiddlywinks and Scallywags, a child’s clothing store
- And many more!
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)|