Microsoft's entry into the field of Web browser scripting languages has much to offer Web developers, whether professional or hobbyist. To find out exactly what VBScript is and what you can do with it, check out Creating Cool VBScript Web Pages, a hands-on resource chock-full of illustrious VBScript examples ready for you to adapt for your own use.
Author and programming guru Bill Hatfield walks you through integrating VBScript code into HTML pages, including pages created with Microsoft's FrontPage WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editing software, Internet Assistant (the easy-to-use add on that turns Word, Excel, and Access into Web publishing tools), and HTML Assistant Pro (one of the top shareware HTML editors).
Creating Cool VBScript Web Pages gives you the low-down on everything from objects to ActiveX Controls, as well as data conversion and commands for manipulating numbers, strings, and dates -- so that your Web pages can be more interactive and engaging than ever. You'll quickly find out how to...
- Set up Explorer with Control Pad to test pages
- Use data conversion capabilities and commands for manipulating numbers, strings, and dates
- Work with arrays, including static, string, multidimensional, and dynamic arrays
- Implement serverless databases and intranets
Plus, Creating Cool VBScript Web Pages includes a bonus CD-ROM containing hundreds of megabytes of VBScript tools and examples, as well as...
- Internet Explorer 3 Web browsing software
- EarthLink Network TotalAccess with Netscape Navigator
- Paint Shop Pro (shareware version)
- Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad
- HTML Assistant Pro (shareware version)
|Publisher:||Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.37(w) x 9.21(h) x 1.31(d)|