Creative Dialogue is an essential guide to dialogic learning for every trainee and practising teacher. It presents practical ways of teaching children to be more thoughtful and creative, and to learn more effectively through speaking and listening in school and at home.
The book includes:
- practical ways to develop dialogic learning across the curriculum
- a guide to developing talk for thinking in the classroom
- more than 100 activities for stimulating talk with children of all ages and abilities
- advice on using dialogue to support assessment for learning
- ideas for developing listening skills and concentration.
Written by a leading expert in teaching thinking, Creative Dialogue is essential reading for all who wish to understand and develop dialogic learning in education today.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||673 KB|
About the Author
Robert Fisher was Professor of Education at Brunel University and has written more than 30 books on teaching, thinking and creativity.
Table of Contents
Introduction 1. Listening 2. Questions for Thinking 3. Creative Talk for Thinking 4. Critical Talk for Thinking 5. Talking to Learn 6. Talking Together 7. Extending Talk for Thinking 8. Dialogic Assessment 9. The Dialogic Future Further reading Index