This book takes an inspirational look at how to foster children's creativity as well as following the guidelines in the National Curriculum. The book:
- explores the nature of the creative mind
- investigates the role of play and the concept of creativity
- examines appropriate continuing professional development for teachers
- looks at the personal and professional identities of teachers
- considers ways of analysing and describing creative practice.
This text looks at the bigger picture in education, asking what'sort of systems need to be designed to develop children's learning in the 21st century. It will be a resource to teachers, head teachers and advisory staff committed to asking questions, encouraging play and not allowing problems or circumstances to block action.