Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach / Edition 10 available in Hardcover
Fully revised and streamlined to include the most recent information, Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach, 10e provides students with the theory and application knowledge necessary to fully prepare them for the highly specialized and complicated technical world of critical care nursing.
These specially designed features assist students in providing competent and compassionate care to critically ill patients and their families:
· NEW!! Evidence-Based Practice Highlights focus attention on the importance of research-based practice and include significant excerpts from AACN practice alerts as well as guidelines from other relevant organizations.
· NEW!! Icons to identify drug therapy tables as well as laboratory and diagnostic tables focus attention on significant information.
· NEW!! Spotlight on Genetics box, appearing in selected chapters, is key to understanding how genetic factors influence disorders.
NEW!! Patient Safety boxes guide safe and effective practice by alerting the critical care nurse of risk factors, signs and symptoms, side effects, and complications.
· Considerations for the Older Patient boxes highlight the special needs of the fastest growing part of our population – older patients.
· Health History boxes summarize key areas that should be covered and relevant information that may be revealed during the health history.
· Collaborative Care Guides, presented in a tabular format containing outcomes and interventions, describe how the health care team works together to manage a patient’s illness and minimize complications.
· Teaching Guides help the critical care nurse to prepare patients and family members for procedures, assist patients and family members with understanding the illness they are dealing with, explain post-procedure or postoperative activities, or prepare a patient for discharge from the hospital.
· Nursing Diagnoses boxes use current NANDA terminology to summarize common nursing diagnoses for particular conditions.
Nursing Interventions tables and boxes highlight key information for the critical care nurse
|Edition description:||Tenth, North American Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.70(d)|
Table of Contents
Part 1 The Concept of Holism Applied to Critical Care Nursing Practice
1 Critical Care Nursing Practice: Promoting Excellence Through Caring, Collaboration, and Evidence
2 The Patient’s Experience With Critical Illness
3 The Family’s Experience With Critical Illness
4 Patient and Family Education in Critical Care
5 Relieving Pain and Providing Comfort
6 Palliative Care and End-of-Life Issues in Critical Care
Part 2 Professional Practice Issues in Critical Care
7 Ethical Issues in Critical Care Nursing
8 Legal Issues in Critical Care Nursing
9 Building a Professional Practice Model for Excellence in Critical Care Nursing
Part 3 Special Populations in Critical Care
10 The Critically Ill Pediatric Patient
11 The Critically Ill Pregnant Woman
12 The Critically Ill Older Patient
13 The Postanesthesia Patient
Part 4 Special Situations in Critical Care
14 Rapid Response Teams and Transport of the Critically Ill Patient
15 Disaster Management: Implications for the Critical Care Nurse
Part 5 Cardiovascular System
16 Anatomy and Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
17 Patient Assessment: Cardiovascular System
18 Patient Management: Cardiovascular System
19 Common Cardiovascular Disorders
20 Heart Failure
21 Acute Myocardial Infarction
22 Cardiac Surgery
Part 6 Respiratory System
23 Anatomy and Physiology of the Respiratory System
24 Patient Assessment: Respiratory System
25 Patient Management: Respiratory System
26 Common Respiratory Disorders
27 Acute Lung Injury and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Part 7 Renal System
28 Anatomy and Physiology of the Renal System
29 Patient Assessment: Renal System
30 Patient Management: Renal System
31 Renal Failure
Part 8 Nervous System
32 Anatomy and Physiology of the Nervous System
33 Patient Assessment: Nervous System
34 Patient Management: Nervous System
35 Common Neurosurgical and Neurological Disorders
36 Traumatic Brain Injury
37 Spinal Cord Injury
Part 9 Gastrointestinal System
38 Anatomy and Physiology of the Gastrointestinal System
39 Patient Assessment: Gastrointestinal System
40 Patient Management: Gastrointestinal System
41 Common Gastrointestinal Disorders
Part 10 Endocrine System
42 Anatomy and Physiology of the Endocrine System
43 Patient Assessment: Endocrine System
44 Common Endocrine Disorders
Part 11 Hematological and Immune Systems
45 Anatomy and Physiology of the Hematological and Immune Systems
46 Patient Assessment: Hematological and Immune Systems
47 Organ and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
48 Common Immunological Disorders
49 Common Hematological Disorders
Part 12 Integumentary System
50 Anatomy and Physiology of the Integumentary System
51 Patient Assessment: Integumentary System
52 Patient Management: Integumentary System
53 Burns and Common Integumentary Disorders
Part 13 Multisystem Dysfunction
54 Shock, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
56 Drug Overdose and Poisoning
Appendix: ACLS Guidelines
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The material in this book is really well written and organized. It has A&P, assessment, and the patho of diseases. The diagrams and tables make the information easier to understand.
One of the best nursing books out there.