Critical Media Studies is a state of the art introduction to media studies that demonstrates how to think critically about the power and influence of the media.
- Provides extensive case study material, including exercises and “media labs” in each chapter to encourage student participation
- Draws on examples from print, broadcast, and new media, including advertising, music, film, television, video games, and the internet
- Accompanied by a website with supplementary material, additional case studies, test banks, PowerPoint slides, and a guide for professors
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.85(d)|
Table of Contents
A Shout Out!
1. Introducing Critical Media Studies.
Part I: Media Industries: Marxist, Organizational, and Pragmatic Perspectives.
2. Marxist Analysis.
3. Organizational Analysis.
4. Pragmatic Analysis.
Part II:Media Messages: Rhetorical, Cultural, Psychoanalytic, Feminist, and Queer Perspectives.
5. Rhetorical Analysis.
6. Cultural Analysis.
7. Psychoanalytic Analysis.
8. Feminist Analysis.
9. Queer Analysis.
Part III:Media Audiences: Reception, Erotic, and Ecological Perspectives.
10. Reception Analysis.
11. Erotic Analysis.
12. Ecological Analysis.
13. Conclusion: the Partial Pachyderm.