Critical Social Theory: Culture, History, and the Challenge of Difference / Edition 1 available in Paperback
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
1. Rethinking Critical Theory.
2. Interpretation, Comparison and Critique.
3. Cultural Difference and Historical Specificity.
4. Postmodernism as Pseudohistory: The Trivialization of EpochalChange.
5. Habitus, Field and Capital: Historical Specificity in theTheory of Practice.
6. The Standpoint of Critique? Feminist Theory, Social Structureand Learning from Experience.
7. The Politics of Identity and Recognition.
8. Nationalism and Difference: The Politics of Identity WritLarge.