Now more streamlined and focused than ever before, the 6th edition of CT and MRI of the Whole Body is a definitive reference that provides you with an enhanced understanding of advances in CT and MR imaging, delivered by a new team of international associate editors. Perfect for radiologists who need a comprehensive reference while working on difficult cases, it presents a complete yet concise overview of imaging applications, findings, and interpretation in every anatomic area. The new edition of this classic reference released in its 40th year in print is a must-have resource, now brought fully up to date for today’s radiology practice.
• Includes both MR and CT imaging applications, allowing you to view correlated images for all areas of the body.
• Coverage of interventional procedures helps you apply image-guided techniques.
• Includes clinical manifestations of each disease with cancer staging integrated throughout.
• Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
• Over 5,200 high quality CT, MR, and hybrid technology images in one definitive reference.
• For the radiologist who needs information on the latest cutting-edge techniques in rapidly changing imaging technologies, such as CT, MRI, and PET/CT, and for the resident who needs a comprehensive resource that gives a broad overview of CT and MRI capabilities.
• Brand-new team of new international associate editors provides a unique global perspective on the use of CT and MRI across the world.
• Completely revised in a new, more succinct presentation without redundancies for faster access to critical content.
• Vastly expanded section on new MRI and CT technology keeps you current with continuously evolving innovations.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.70(w) x 11.80(h) x 5.50(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
PART I PRINCIPLES OF COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY AND MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING
1. Imaging Principles in Computed Tomography
2. Computed Tomography Imaging Operation
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
3. Imaging Principles in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
4. Imaging Principles in Magnetic Resonance Angiography
5. Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging
6. Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Pediatric Patient
7. Tissue Characterization in Liver Imaging Using Advanced MR Techniques
PART II CT AND MR IMAGING OF THE WHOLE BODY
Neuroradiological Imaging of the Brain and Meninges
8. Normal Anatomy
9. Intracranial Neoplasms
10. Cerebral Infections and Inflammation
12. Cerebral Aneurysms and Cerebrovascular Malformations
13. Traumatic Brain Injury
14. Spinal Cord Injury
15. Neurodegenerative Disorders
16. Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
17. Brain Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
18. Meningeal Processes
19. Demyelinating Disease and Leukoencephalopathies
Neuroradiological Imaging of the Head and Neck
21. Temporal Bone
23. Paranasal Sinuses
24. Cervical Adenopathy and Neck Masses
26. Imaging of the Head and Neck in the Pediatric Patient
Neuroradiological Imaging of the Spine
27. Non-Infectious Inflammatory Diseases Affecting the Spinal Cord
28. Spinal Trauma
29. Degenerative Disease
30. Spinal Tumors
31. Spinal Infections
32. Cystic Lesions
33. Spinal Vascular Diseases
34. Systemic Diseases Affecting the Spine
35. Congenital Abnormalities
Imaging of the Chest
36. Non-neoplastic Parenchymal Lung Disease
37. Neoplastic Disease of the Lung
38. Mediastinal Disease
39. Disease of the Pleura, Chest Wall, and Diaphragm
41. Chest Imaging in the Pediatric Patient
Imaging of the Abdominal and Pelvic Organs
42. Biliary Tract and Gallbladder
43. Liver: Normal Anatomy, Imaging Techniques, and Diffuse Diseases
44. Liver: Focal Hepatic Mass Lesions
45. Liver Transplantation
50. Gastrointestinal Tract
52. Contrast Nephropathy and Its Management
53. Adrenal Glands
56. Male Pelvis
57. Female Pelvis
Imaging of the Cardiovascular System
58. Coronary Arteries, Heart, and Pericardium
59. Advanced Cardiovascular CT Imaging
Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System
60. Musculoskeletal Tumors
62. Hip and Pelvis
64. Foot and Ankle
65. High Resolution 3T Magnetic Resonance Neurography: Applications, Techniques, Pitfalls
PART III IMAGE-GUIDED PROCEDURES (Frank K. Wacker, Part Editor)
66. MRI-Guided Interventions
67. Image-Guided Aspirations and Biopsies
68. Computed Tomography-Guided Drainage
69. Image-Guided Ablation of Parenchymal Organs
PART IV LEADING EDGE IMAGING CONCEPTS