Get it by Wednesday, October 25
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Recommended for readers seeking a thorough introductory exposure to today's professional possibilities in the culinary world.—Eric Petersen, Kansas City P.L., MO, Library Journal
Turn a passion for food into the job of a lifetime with the insider advice in Culinary Careers.
Working in food can mean cooking on the line in a restaurant, of course, but there are so many more career paths available. No one knows this better than Rick Smilow—president of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE), the award-winning culinary school in New York City—who has seen ICE graduates go on to prime jobs both in and out of professional kitchens. Tapping into that vast alumni network and beyond, Culinary Careers is the only career book to offer candid portraits of dozens and dozens of coveted jobs at all levels to help you find your dream job.
Instead of giving glossed-over, general descriptions of various jobs, Culinary Careers features exclusive interviews with both food-world luminaries and those on their way up, to help you discover what a day in the life is really like in your desired field.
• Get the ultimate in advice from those at the very pinnacle of the industry, including Lidia Bastianich, Thomas Keller, and Ruth Reichl.
• Figure out whether you need to go to cooking school or not in order to land the job you want.
• Read about the inspiring—and sometimes unconventional—paths individuals took to reach their current positions.
• Find out what employers look for, and how you can put your best foot forward in interviews.
• Learn what a food stylist’s day on the set of a major motion picture is like, how a top New York City restaurant publicity firm got off the ground, what to look for in a yacht crew before jumping on board as the chef, and so much more.
With information on educational programs and a bird’s-eye view of the industry, Culinary Careers is a must-have resource for anyone looking to break into the food world, whether you’re a first-time job seeker or a career changer looking for your next step.
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Rick Smilow is the president and CEO of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE). He acquired ICE from the estate of Peter Kump in 1995 and has expanded the school substantially since that time. Previously Smilow was an entrepreneur in the consumer products industry and held positions at Nabisco Brands USA.
Anne E. McBride is a writer who has collaborated on two cookbooks with celebrated pastry chef Francois Payard: Chocolate Epiphany and Payard Cookies. In addition, she is coauthor, with Rick Smilow, of Culinary Careers: How to Get Your Dream Job in Food with Advice from Top Culinary Professionals.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews