Live the cultural life in the Czech Republic - immerse yourself in a Dvorák symphony or chill out at a Prague jazz club. With the special section on architecture you'll know your Gotika from you Rokoko. Or if that's not your scene, get out of town, stay in a chalupa and hike in the mountains or swim in a jezero. And in the evenings, chat soccer with the locals over a piva. Nazdravi!
- clear pronunciation guide and transliterations throughout to make sure you'll be understood
- packed with phrases for shopping, eating and drinking
- confidently roam around the Czech Republic with essential travel talk
- camping, hiking and cycling sections to get you outdoors and into the action
- special section on architectural styles
- extensive two-way dictionary
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Well, this book can be very useful. It has a pronunciation guide along with a rough grammar guide thrown in the beginning. I have to admit that since I'm in a Czech language class I've never really needed to use it though. The book is sorted into somewhat easy to find sections so that you can get to the needed section in a hurry. You can see how to say anything from 'I would like half a kilogram of ground beef.' to 'I would like to have sex with you.' to 'Where can I get heroin?' Like I said, while practical, there are some funny, and practical for some, sections. There is also a short dictionary in the back which can be useful.