• It amasses compelling evidence that the book is an authentic writing of Daniel, the great Jewish statesman who lived in the 6th century BC.
• It shows also that his book accurately predicts Jewish experience during the next several centuries.
• It fully explains the riddle of the 69 weeks-the prophecy foretelling when Jesus would come. The solution presented here is the first to prove by correct dates and calculations that the prophecy was exactly fulfilled. It is also the first to let Scripture itself identify the events framing the interval.
The Book of Daniel is divinely inspired.
• In its analysis of Nebuchadnezzar's dream image, it is the first to establish conclusively what the feet represent. The feet-a picture of the final great empire before Jesus returns-are the United Nations, and the toes are the ten regional governments now embracing virtually all nations of the world.
Jesus' return is drawing near.
For those alive during the Tribulation
• It revives and defends the ancient view of the church that the Antichrist will come from Syro-Iraq.
• It demonstrates that soon after the Tribulation begins, Egypt will attack Syria.
• It sketches out the other horrific opening events of the Tribulation.
You dare not miss the Rapture.
|Publisher:||The Moorings Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.94(d)|
About the Author
He began his career teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field of his doctorate. Later he taught Bible courses at a Christian college. His subjects included the Book of Daniel, Christian evidences, and graduate apologetics. More recently, he has served as principal of a Christian academy.
For a leading publisher of Christian school curricula, he wrote a high school physics text that has been widely used. His website, http://www.themoorings.org, has been a source of Bible studies since the early days of the web.
His wife and high school sweetheart, Julie, received an M.A. in French from Northwestern University and for many years taught high school French in video classes available to Christian schools and homeschools. In all her husband's endeavors including his long work on this commentary, she has been an indispensable adviser and helper.
Ed has two sons and seven grandchildren. His older son is a pastor and his younger son is a minister of music. He counts all his family as a great blessing from God.