Daniels and Worthingham’s Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination, 8th Edition is the original handbook of manual evaluation of muscular strength. In addition to offering traditional methods for assessing and grading skeletal muscle function, the book provides a comprehensive section on muscle anatomy and innervations that rounds out the testing chapters by linking muscle topography and function. This edition includes a new DVD of tests and procedures video clips that supplement the tests explained in the book.
• Drawings and arrows along with clear written directions make it easy to understand and perform muscle testing procedures, allowing you to assess deficits in strength, balance, and range of motion.
• More than 600 illustrations clearly show testing sequences, muscle anatomy, and muscle innervation.
• Video clips of over 100 muscle tests on the Evolve companion website demonstrate the art and technique of muscle testing in a clinical setting.
• Details of muscle anatomy and innervation help in linking muscle topography with function.
• Helpful Hints and Substitutions boxes provide additional tips and highlight muscle substitutions that may occur during a test to ensure greater accuracy in testing.
• A constant reference number clearly identifies each muscle in the body, indexed in the Alphabetical List of Muscles by Region as well as in the Ready Reference Anatomy Manual on Evolve, to speed cross-referencing and help you quickly identify any muscle.
• NEW chapters on performance testing cover functional strength testing in older adults and those with functional decline, and testing muscle performance in various clinical settings.
• NEW chapters on manual muscle testing address when to use manual muscle testing, the limitations of manual muscle testing, and alternatives to manual muscle testing.
• UPDATED references for each chapter include the most current evidence-based information.
• NEW! An Evolve companion website helps you hone your manual testing skills with video clips of over 100 muscle tests and with the Ready Reference Anatomy Guide.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.14(w) x 10.92(h) x 1.16(d)|
Table of Contents
Introduction 1. Principles of Manual Muscle Testing 2. Relevance and Limitations of Manual Muscle Testing NEW! 3. Testing the Muscles of the Neck 4. Testing the Muscles of the Trunk 5. Testing the Muscles of the Upper Extremity 6. Testing the Muscles of the Lower Extremity 7. Assessment of Muscles Innervated by Cranial Nerves 8. Alternatives to Manual Muscle Testing NEW! 9. Testing Functional Abilities NEW! 10. Case Studies NEW! 11. Ready Reference Anatomy