Do You Thrive with Powerful Faith No Matter How Difficult the Circumstances? Are You Living a Life That Is an Inspiration for Others?
Every Navy SEAL has one thing in common: they first graduated from Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training in Coronado, California.
To survive this unnerving training you have to be physically tenacious, mentally robust, and prepared to die, if necessary. Dare to Live Greatly is a powerful personal testimony about leadership, personal growth and inspirational faith that proves everyone is called to be a victorious warrior in life. No matter how dire the circumstances, the mind of a SEAL will never give up—nor should any Christian.
When Larry Fowler became a Navy SEAL BUD/S trainee, he could barely swim. Nevertheless, he somehow survived “Hell Week” and graduated.
His belief is that if he can survive Hell Week, you can survive and thrive where you’re at right now. Larry says it takes the same grit, courage, and tough-as-nails perseverance as a Navy SEAL in training to live the life of a true Christian. In his inspirational book, Dare to Live Greatly, he reveals how faith is continuous, action-packed, and a constantly fulfilling adventure.
These chapters will teach you:
- Strategies for Christian growth for men and women
- How to encourage the warriors in your life
- Actionable steps toward living a true Christian life
- Courageous Church Leadership fuels church growth
- Inspiration for true Christian faith
- Finding the courage to live through your fears
- And much more…
This powerful Christian autobiography teaches strong faith, leadership, and fearless courage. A BUD/S trainee (a person training to become a SEAL) quits by ringing the brass bell, and it’s over. Likewise, when facing challenges, people often quit their faith. This book is ideal for all those who need encouragement to keep going, to thrive forward like Jesus.
Larry has faced many challenges in life, including the untimely death of his third son. He faced his own Lymphoma cancer, something he describes as a gift. But no matter what odds he has faced, he remains able to see the bigger picture and with Dare to Live Greatly, he shares with you through the lens of a Navy SEAL in training. This book will be inspirational or devotional for any church leader, man, or woman daring to live greatly.
|Publisher:||National Direct Lead Systems, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.61(d)|
About the Author
Despite that seemingly insurmountable issue, Larry went on to successfully graduate from BUD/S Class 89 and was selected by his peers at Navy basic training as their "Honor Man." Since then he has launched more than a hundred websites and built two software and marketing companies from scratch.
Following the death of his third son, Chris, Larry made the decision to write Dare to Live Greatly: The Courage to Live a Powerful Christian Life. Larry understood then that surviving as a powerful Christian in today's world requires the courage, grit, and the unnerving perseverance of a Navy SEAL in training.
In his spare time, Larry enjoys college sports, spending time with family and friends, ocean swims, and reading while digging his feet in the sand. Larry enthusiastically believes that everyone has a unique, God-given purpose for unchartered success.
Larry was an invited guest at the White House and has trained with Christian personnel across the globe, including Pakistan, Indonesia, China, and other countries at all organizational levels.
Even while living with Lymphoma cancer, he has learned to live each day to the max.
Larry loves to receive comments at Publisher@NavySeal.com. He is genuinely grateful for all book reviews.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Giving Up Everything—and Finding More
1. Uncommon Man
2. Finding Purpose
3. Dare to Burn Your Ships
4. The Heart of a Navy SEAL
5. My Mastermind Team
6. Gentlemen, It’s Going to Be a Long, Cold, Wet Night
7. Phase-Three Tadpoles
8. Two Ways to Do Something: The Right Way, and Again
9. Pain Is Weakness Leaving the Body
10. Widows Bring the Beer
11. The Other Side of Hell
12. Don’t Become Shark Bait
13. Fire in the Hole
14. The Nitrogen Narcosis That Kills
15. Drop and Give Me Fifty
16. It’s Hard to Breathe without Oxygen
17. Living in an Approval-Addicted World
18. Who Packed Your Parachute?
19. Buck-Naked Cinderella Men
20. Lock In, Lock Out, Lock On
21. To Survive, Train Harder and Longer Than Your Enemies
22. Life as a “Swinger”
23. Recovering Boldness—Just in Time
24. Never Out of the Fight
25. Affirmative Action
26. When You’re Down to Nothing, God Is Up to Something
27. The Joy in Being Homeless
28. The Greatest Commandment
29. A New Definition of “NFL”
30. Don’t Mess with Mothers-in-Law
31. Taking Out the Trash
32. Living Without Brakes
33. Get Comfortable with Uncomfortable
34. This Side of Heaven
35. Gentlemen, Say Goodbye to the Sun
36. The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
37. Hit the Surf, Pinheads!
38. Where’s Waldo?
39. The Thorn
40. Losing—and Finding—Myself in My Church Community
41. It May or May Not Pay to Be a Winner
42. The Lure of Low Profile
43. Curse or Blessing?
Tadpole Faith Summation
Tadpole Daily Habits for Lasting Faith (S.E.A.L.)