Now in a completely updated and revised Fourth Edition, this highly readable book emphasizes the core data management skills needed to succeed in today's business environment. The book presents a real-world, management perspective and offers fully integrated coverage of data modeling and SQL.
• New chapter on future directions, including u-commerce.
• New material on data integration, data quality, and data schemas.
• Includes reference sections on data modeling and SQL.
• Presents the "big picture" of data management.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
The Managerial Perspective.
1. Managing Data.
Data Modeling and SQL.
3. The Single Entity.
4. The One-to-Many Relationship.
5. The Many-to-Many Relationship.
6. One-to-One and Recursive Relationships.
7. Data Modeling.
8. Normalization and Other Data Modeling Methods.
9. The Relational Model and Relational Algebra.
Database Architectures and Implementations.
11. Data Structure and Storage.
12. Data Processing Architectures.
13. Object-Oriented Data Management.
14. Spatial and Temporal Data Management.
Organizational Memory Technologies.
15. Organizational Intelligence Technologies.
16. The Web and Data Management.
17. XML: Managing Data Exchange.
Managing Organizational Memory.
18. Data Integrity.
19. Data Administration.
20. U-Commerce and Data Management.