Reduce operating and maintenance costs while substantially improving the performance of new and existing data warehouses and data marts
Data Warehouse Performance
This book tells you what you need to know to design, build, and manage data warehouses and data marts for optimum performance. Written by an all-star team of data warehouse pioneers and innovators-including Bill Inmon, "the father of the data warehouse," and Ken Rudin, one of the leading experts on performance-the book describes the layers of a high-performance data warehouse environment and guides the reader through their implementation and management. It also supplies proven techniques for supercharging the performance of existing environments. Crucial topics covered include:
• Mitigating the impact of dormant data on performance
• Data cleansing and implementation techniques
• Implementing platform components like data marts to support scalability
• Database design, sizing, and optimization techniques, including star schema and indexing
• Hardware assessment, selection, and sizing
• The role of monitors in balancing workload and assessing performance
• Creating a service management contract to meet user expectations
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 9.17(h) x 0.98(d)|
About the Author
W. H. INMON is Chief Technology Officer at Pine Cone Systems, a company that builds software for the management of the data warehouse environment. He is also the author of thirty-four books on databases, database management, and data warehouse technology.
KEN RUDIN is cofounder and CEO of Emergent Corporation, a systems integration firm focused on large-scale data warehousing. He is also author of a monthly column appearing in Data Management Review.
CHRIStopher K. BUSS is a Senior Technical Consultant at Hewlett Packard's OpenWarehouse Advance Technology Center and has been involved in many international data warehousing projects at HP.
RYAN SOUSA is an internationally recognized expert in the field of data warehousing and specializes in supporting customer relations and marketing. He and Bill Inmon coauthored a seminal book on data warehousing, Corporate Information Factory (Wiley).