Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Implement a Centralized Cloud Storage Infrastructure with Oracle Automatic Storage Management
Build and manage a scalable, highly available cloud storage solution. Filled with detailed examples and best practices, this Oracle Press guide explains how to set up a complete cloud-based storage system using Oracle Automatic Storage Management. Find out how to prepare hardware, build disk groups, efficiently allocate storage space, and handle security. Database Cloud Storage: The Essential Guide to Oracle Automatic Storage Management shows how to monitor your system, maximize throughput, and ensure consistency across servers and clusters.
- Set up and configure Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Discover and manage disks and establish disk groups
- Create, clone, and administer Oracle databases
- Consolidate resources with Oracle Private Database Cloud
- Control access, encrypt files, and assign user privileges
- Integrate replication, file tagging, and automatic failover
- Employ pre-engineered private cloud database consolidation tools
- Check for data consistency and resync failed disks
Code examples in the book are available for download
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Nitin Vengurlekar is the co-founder and CTO of Viscosity North America, a leader in virtualization, Oracle Engineered Systems, Private Database Cloud, and RAC implementations.
With more than 25 years of IT experience, including OS390 systems programming, storage administration, system and database administration, Nitin is a seasoned systems architect who has successfully assisted numerous customers in deploying highly available Oracle systems.
Prior to joining Viscosity, Nitin worked for Oracle for more than 17 years, mostly in the Real Application Clusters (RAC) engineering group, with a primary emphasis on ASM and storage, and was a Database Cloud Architect/ Evangelist in the Oracle’s Cloud Strategy Group.
Nitin is a well-known Oracle technologist and speaker in the areas of Oracle Storage, high availability, Oracle RAC, and Private Database Cloud. He is the co-author of Oracle Automatic Storage Management and Oracle Data Guard 11g Handbook (both from Oracle Press) and has written many papers on storage, database internals, and database tuning as well as having served as a contributor to Oracle documentation and Oracle education material.
Table of Contents
1) Database Consolidation into Private Clouds
2) Oracle Database Cloud Strategy
3) ASM and Grid Infrastructure
4) ACFS Design and Deployment
5) ACFS Data Services
6) ASM Instance
7) ASM Disks and Diskgroups
8) ASMLIB Concepts and Overview
9) ASM Files, Aliases, and Security
10) ASM and Space Allocation
11) ASMLIB Concepts and Overview
12) ASM Operations
13) ASM Persistent Data Structures
14) ASM and Database integration
15) ASM Optimizations in Oracle Engineered Solutions
16) ASM optimization for Engineered Solutions (Exadata and ODA)
17) ACFS Data Services
18) ASM and 3rd Party Integration
19) ACSF Design and Deployment
20) ASM Tools and utilities