Hear the Bible in a Whole New Way - Through Music
The word “psalm” means, literally, a sacred melody. But what exactly would this music sound like in biblical times? Years in the making, The Davidic Cipher finally unlocks the hidden music of the Psalms, enabling these timeless works to be deciphered and written into traditional musical notation.
Presented in a non-denominational setting, The Davidic Cipher uncovers the underlying links between the words of the Bible, the Hebrew alphabet, the musical instruments of the Psalms, the name of God, and the musical system of our day. Recently seen on the History Channel, this breakthrough work opens up a new understanding and appreciation of the Bible and its music.
* Where did the musical system of King David’s time originate?
* What are the Psalms, who wrote them, and how did they sound?
* What musical function do the Psalm superscriptions and the Hallelujah have?
* How did the Psalmists secretly encode the name of God within the melodies as a form of praise?
* What did the musical instruments of the Psalms look like, how were they tuned, and how were they used to play the music of the Bible?
Scholarly yet accessible to the lay reader, The Davidic Cipher unleashes a wealth of musical and vocal literature that has been hidden within the pages of the Bible for centuries. And it’s required reading for anyone looking to enrich and enhance their understanding of the Bible and the glorious Psalms.
|Publisher:||Outskirts Press, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.50(d)|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews