DB2® 9 builds on the world's number one enterprise database to simplify the delivery of information as a service, accelerate development, and dramatically improve operational efficiency, security, and resiliency.
Now, this new edition offers complete, start-to-finish coverage of DB2 9 administration and development for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows® platforms, as well as authoritative preparation for the latest IBM DB2 certification exam.
Written for both DBAs and developers, this definitive reference and self-study guide covers all aspects of deploying and managing DB2 9, including DB2 database design and development; day-to-day administration and backup; deployment of networked, Internet-centered, and SOA-based applications; migration; and much more. You'll also find an unparalleled collection of expert tips for optimizing performance, availability, and value.
- Important security and resiliency enhancements, including advanced access control; fine-grained, label-based security; and the new security administrator role
- Breakthrough pureXML™ features that make it easier to succeed with service-oriented architecture
- Operational improvements that enhance DBA efficiency--including self-tuning memory allocation, automated storage management, and storage optimization
- Table-partitioning features that improve scalability and manageability
- Powerful improvements for more agile and rapid development, including the new Eclipse-based Developer Workbench and simple SQL or XQuery access to all data
Whatever your role in working with DB2 or preparing for certification, DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Sixth Edition is the one book you can't afford to be without.Download Complete DB2 V9 Trial Version
Visit ibm.com/db2/9/download.html to download a complete trial version of DB2, which enables you to try out dozens of the most powerful features of DB2 for yourself: everything from pureXML support to automated administration and optimization.
- Straight from IBM, the ultimate guide to running DB2 9 and preparing for the latest IBM DB2 certification exam!
- Covers powerful DB2 9 enhancements ranging from automated management to improved compression
- Covers the full spectrum of DBA responsibilities, including server management, data placement, XML concepts, activity analysis, high availability, and security
- Presents expert tips and best practices from the DB2 customer support organization