- Scherzo for piano No. 3 in C sharp minor, Op. 39, CT. 199
- Rhapsodies (2) for piano, Op. 79
- Toccata for piano in C major, Op. 11
- Jeux d'eau, for piano
- Barcarolle for piano in F sharp major, Op. 60, CT. 6
- Hungarian Rhapsody, for piano No. 6 in D flat major, S. 244/6 (LW A132/6)
- Piano Sonata in B minor, S. 178 (LW A179): Valse caprice No 6
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Debut Recital based on 0 ratings. 2 reviews.
Martha Argerich's debut recording of the Liszt Piano Sonata and Brahms Rhapsody ranks among the finest in the DG Original series. Argerich's technical mastery of the keyboard is beyond comparison, and the way she interprets just the slightest variations in mood and temperament suggest that she is indeed knowledgeable of a wide repertoire of such works. This recording is in the demonstration bracket and its sound quality is excellent for its time. Highly recommended among essential recordings for classical music beginners.
Well, the big-name artist Martha Argerich shows why she is one of the best in this album. I found her playing in Prokofiev's Toccata remarkable. The major piece of this CD definitely goes to the Liszt Sonata. With incredible virtuosity, Argerich is still able to find the exquisite touch of soft sections. Ravel is also excellent.