Decoding the Irrational Consumer is written to help marketing practitioners demystify neuromarketing, a relatively new field of marketing research used to understand consumer response to marketing stimuli.
Decoding the Irrational Consumer presents in plain terms the key theoretical tools required to implement neuromarketing studies and achieve desired research outcomes. Marketers and researchers will learn how to effectively and confidently brief data processors, and confer with neuroscientists and technicians. They will gain keen understanding of recent developments in behavioural science and data-processing technology, as well as sophisticated neuromarketing tools used to understand subconscious responses including behavioural economics, eye-tracking, implicit response measures, and facial coding. The author discusses when to apply these techniques and others, how to combine them effectively and how to correctly interpret resulting data to generate valuable insights that aid in decision making. The book is also suppotrted by an online guide for students and lecturers with helpful chapter summaries.
About the Author
Darren Bridger works as a consultant to designers and marketers, advising on using and analysing data that tap into consumers' non-conscious thinking and motivations. He was one of the original pioneers of the Consumer Neuroscience industry, helping to pioneer two of the first companies in the field then joining the world's largest agency, Neurofocus (now part of the Nielsen company), as its second employee outside of the US. He currently works as head of insights at NeuroStrata.
Table of Contents
- Section - One: Theoretical insights;
- Chapter - 01: The irrational consumer: introduction;
- Chapter - 02: The brain: attention, memory and emotion;
- Chapter - 03: Neuroaesthetics;
- Chapter - 04: Behavioural economics;
- Section - Two: The new research tools;
- Chapter - 05: Guidelines for experiments;
- Chapter - 06: Eye-tracking;
- Chapter - 07: Implicit response measures;
- Chapter - 08: Facial action coding;
- Chapter - 09: Biometrics;
- Chapter - 10: Neuro-measures;
- Section - Three: Putting it all together;
- Chapter - 11: Computational neuroscience;
- Chapter - 12: Smarter survey design;
- Chapter - 13: Combining techniques;
- Chapter - 14: Conclusions