There are more people incarcerated in the world today than at any other time in history. Every year millions of prisoners are released back into society after having completed their sentences, with the majority of them returning to prison within just a short time after their release. The Dedicated Ex-Prisoner's Guide to Life and Success on the Outside is a 10-rule guidebook for the ex-prisoner who is determined to be successful once released and offers invaluable information on how to overcome the odds of returning to prison. If followed, the advice and suggestions offered in this guide will prove very helpful to all ex-prisoners who are serious about getting out of prison and not ever going back.
|Publisher:||Full Surface Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.30(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Richard Bovan, an ex-prisoner who served over ten years in prison, is now a successful self-made entrepreneur and motivational writer for formerly and currently incarcerated men, women and juveniles. Richard is dedicated to helping curb crime and the high incarceration and recidivism rates of the U.S. criminal justice system and counsels ex-prisoners from all over the world on issues of mentality/lifestyle change, reentry, and achieving real success after incarceration.
Table of Contents
Intro: Change, Change, Change is What It's All About
- Rule 1: Don't Forget Where You Came From!
- Rule 2: Change Your Former Playgrounds, Playmates, and Playthings
- Rule 3: Do Not See Criminal Activity as an Option
- Rule 4: Take Full Responsibility for Your Actions; See Yourself as the One to Blame for Whatever Happens to You
- Rule 5: Envision Your Own Path to Success; Have a Realistic Plan
- Rule 6: Believe in Yourself; Don't Get Discouraged by Roadblocks and Hardships
- Rule 7: Use Jobs as Stepping Stones; Focus on Entrepreneurship
- Rule 8: Be Ready and Willing to Work Harder Than You've Ever Worked Before!
- Rule 9: Stay Close to Those Who Truly Care for You; Be Family-Oriented
- Rule 10: Always Take the Time to Think Before You Act!
Victim Reconciliation and Forgiveness
Appendix: Other Reccomended Readings for Ex-Prisoners
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The Dedicated Ex-Prisoner's Guide To Life And Success On The Outside based on 0 ratings. 5 reviews.
Get this book if you need serious, real world-oriented pointers on how to stay out of prison once freed. There are many books out on the subject but this one is short, concise, and hits all the nails on the head.
This guidebook is full of excellent pointers and is extremely realistic in its advice, which is most valuable to those who actually have to live as ex-prisoners. Highly recommended for use in both male and female prisons and jails, rehabilitation programs and juveniles facilities.
buy for anyone who wants to reach real success after they have done time. This book will help them do it.
A terrific resource for inmates and those who have been to prison.