Some highlights of the new third edition include:
• New chapter covering boating under the influence, including discussion of civil administrative coast guard hearings in DUI cases, the hearing process, and mandatory criminal penalties.
• New chapter covering drug recognition experts, including DRE protocol and DRE training and certification, and pretrial preparation where a DRE officer is involved.
• Extensive revisions to the discussions of direct examination of the defense expert and the BAC Verifier Datamaster.
• Newly added analysis on immigration consequences of a DUI conviction; federal DUIs committed on federal property under the Assimilative Crimes Act; the Interstate Compact on Adult Supervision, which became effective in July 2005; and consequences to the commercial driver.
• New techniques for voir dire, opening statements, and summation.
• Incorporation of extensive case law from around the country where stops for routine traffic infractions have been held not to support a DUI stop.
With Defending DUIs in Washington, you'll gain the confidence you need to overcome the prosecutorial advantage. A complete appendix of forms gives you a starting point for drafting your own fee agreements and pleadings. You'll also learn how to obtain the documents you need to build a topnotch defense.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||11 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
Table of ContentsCh. 1 An Overview of Issues in DUI Cases
Ch. 2 The 2:00 a.m. Phone Call
Ch. 3 Initial Interview
Ch. 4 Discovery and Related Issues
Ch. 5 Plea Bargaining
Ch. 6 Deferred Prosecution
Ch. 7 Pretrial Motions
Ch. 8 Jury Selection
Ch. 9 Opening Statements in DUI Trials
Ch. 10 Cross-Examination of the Arresting Officer
Ch. 11 Field Sobriety Tests
Ch. 12 DRE and Drugged Driving
Ch. 13 Scientific Principles of Forensic Breath Alcohol Testing
Ch. 13A The DataMaster
Ch. 14 Blood Tests
Ch. 15 Direct Examination of the Defense Expert
Ch. 16 Summation
Ch. 17 Implied Consent and the Department of Licensing
Ch. 18 Jury Instructions
Ch. 19 Boating Under the Influence
Table of Cases