Please visit delphiclassics.com to browse through our vast range of titles.
* brief but informative introductions to the novels and other texts
* ALL 6 novels and ALL 7 novellas, each with their own contents table
* images of film and television adaptations
* BONUS original illustrations for 'Wives and Daughters' - give your eReader a taste of the Victorian text!
* ALL 48 short stories, with excellent formatting
* includes Gaskell's poetry, printed in Dickens' magazines
* Gaskell's scholarly biography on Charlotte Brontë, with its own contents table
* SPECIAL BONUS text of Rev. George A. Payne's semi-biography of Gaskell - explore her beautiful town of Knutsford
* many images relating to Gaskell's life, works and the places she lived in
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* front no-nonsense table of contents to allow easy navigation around Gaskell's oeuvre.
NORTH AND SOUTH
WIVES AND DAUGHTERS
THE MOORLAND COTTAGE
MR. HARRISON'S CONFESSIONS
MY LADY LUDLOW
LOIS THE WITCH
A DARK NIGHT'S WORK
The Short Stories
A FEAR FOR THE FUTURE
A HOUSE TO LET
A VISIT TO ETON
AN ACCURSED RACE
AN ITALIAN INSTITUTION
BESSY'S TROUBLES AT HOME
THE CAGE AT CRANFORD
and many more!
THE SCHOLAR'S STORY
SKETCHES AMONG THE POOR, NO. I
THE LIFE OF CHARLOTTE BRONTË
MRS. GASKELL AND KNUTSFORD BY REV. GEORGE A. PAYNE
About the Author
Tremendously popular in her lifetime, the books of the English author Elizabeth Gaskell (1810-1865) have often been overshadowed by her contemporaries the Brontës and George Eliot. Yet the reputation of her long-neglected masterpiece Wives and Daughters continues to grow. Gaskell wrote six novels in all — of which North and South and Cranford remain two of the best known — as well as numerous short stories, novellas, and a biography of her great friend Charlotte Brontё.