This groundbreaking political exposé scrutinizes the motivations behind the unparalleled attacks on President Barack Obama that attempt to undermine his eligibility to lead the country.
• Analyzes the tactics used by political adversaries to undermine the presidency
• Considers the mass of literature and filmography which proliferates narratives of the president's foreignization and offers a counter-position
• Examines the rhetorical frames and motivations of Obama's foreignization
• Provides insight into the motivations surrounding Obama-era conspiracy theories, such as the Birther movement
• Underlines the post-20th century emergence and maintenance of an increasingly polarized electoral climate
|Product dimensions:||6.20(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Martin A. Parlett is a researcher and communications professional specializing in political communication.
Table of Contents
1 The "Other" in American Politics 1
2 The Origin Myth: The President from Foreign Soil 37
3 Angry, Lazy, Stupid: The Non-White President 75
4 His Name Is Hussein: The Muslim Terrorist President 123
5 Communist in Chief: The Red Obama 163
6 The Outside(r) Advantage: Social Media, Participatory Culture, and a Rhetoric of Difference 193