Romantic Times Book Reviews says about DESERT ROSE A Military Romance (Warrior Series, #1):
"A firecracker of a book from Laura Taylor! In the beautifully written DESERT ROSE, a downed pilot imprisoned in the Middle East learns the true meaning of love when a lovely humanitarian relief worker is thrown into the next cell. Ms. Taylor brings more than one tear to the eye as she brilliantly depicts the very high price sometimes asked of individuals in the name of higher causes. But it is the joy of her lovers' triumph over their adversity that will linger with you always."
Romantic Times Book Awards for DESERT ROSE:
Reviewer's Choice Certificate of Excellence for Best Series Romance Novel
Reviewer's Choice Award for Best Bantam Loveswept Novel of the Year
Reader Praise for DESERT ROSE:
"I absolutely loved this book!"
"If you like patriotic, tough as nails military guys with a sensitive side, read this!"
"Loved the book ... I look forward to reading more from Laura Taylor!"
"Great writing style by the author."
"I loved this story!"
"Yet another winner by Laura Taylor!"
"They found true love in the most terrifying place."
"I love everything Laura Taylor writes."
DESERT ROSE is a Special Author's Cut Updated Edition of the Bantam Loveswept Novel #555.
|Series:||Warrior Series , #1|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||796 KB|
About the Author
Romantic Times Book Reviews
LAURA TAYLOR is an award-winning romance writer with over a million books in print.
More than a half million digital editions of her books have already been downloaded by eBook readers.
She is the recipient of numerous awards for her writing, including:
* RWA RITA Finalist Award - Mainstream Fiction Finalist
* 2 Maggie Awards for Mainstream Fiction from GRW/RWA
* Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award - Best New Contemporary Mainstream Fiction Author
* Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Certificate of Excellence for Series Romance
* Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award for Best Bantam Loveswept Novel
* Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Best Series Romantic Adventure Novel
* Romantic Times Career Achievement Certificate of Excellence as Series Storyteller of the Year
* Romantic Times Career Achievement Certificate of Excellence for Best Series Romantic Suspense
* RWA Golden Heart Series Romance Finalist
* The 1st Golden Rose Award from the Gold Coast Chapter of RWA as the Chapter Co-Founder.
Laura's acclaimed Vietnam-era novel, HONORBOUND, which received multiple national book awards and endorsements from authors Pat Conroy, Stephen King, and W.E.B. Griffin, was an Alternate Selection of the Literary Guild Book Club and the Doubleday Book Club. She is a permanent faculty member of the Southern California Writers Conference, a member of International Thriller Writers (ITW), and one of the original Founding Members and a member of the Board of Directors of Novelists, Inc.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Desert Rose by Laura Taylor is a fairly quick read. Don't let the size of the book fool you. This well-written book is loaded cover to cover with suspense. Ms Taylor has delivered two amazing characters and put them in a nightmare situation. There is plenty of drama, a bit of humor and a little spice to round out this awesome book. I enjoyed reading Desert Rose and look forward to reading more from Laura Taylor in the future. Desert Rose is book 1 in the Warrior Series but can be read as a standalone. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.