The iPod is a harbinger of a revolution in product design: innovation that targets customer emotion, self-image, and fantasy, not just product function. Read the hidden stories behind BodyMedia's SenseWear body monitor, Herman Miller's Mirra Chair, Swiffer's mops, OXO's potato peelers, Adidas' intelligent shoes, the new Ford F-150 pickup truck, and many other winning innovations. Meet the innovators, learning how they inspire and motivate their people, as they shepherd their visions through corporate bureaucracy to profitable reality. The authors deconstruct the entire process of design innovation, showing how it really works, and how today's smartest companies are innovating more effectively than ever before.
|Publisher:||Pearson Prentice Hall|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The New Breed of Innovator.
2. Pragmatic Innovation—The New Mandate.
3. The Art and Science of Business.
4. Identifying Today’s Trends for Tomorrow’s Innovations.
5. Design for Desire—The New Product Prescription.
6. The Powers of Stakeholders—People Fueling Innovation.
7. B-to-B Innovation—The New Frontier of Fantasy.
8. Making Decisions for Profit—Success Emerging from Chaos.
9. A Process for Product Innovation.
10. Creating a Blanket of IP to Protect Your Brand from the Elements.
11. To Hire Consultants or Build Internally—That Is the Question.
Epilogue: The Powers of Innovation—The New Economy of Opportunity.