Surviving and Thriving as a Graphic Designer
Whether negotiating with printers and paper merchants or locating service reps, your survival depends on two things--producing top-flight work on deadline and capitalizing on new opportunities.
Designer's Survival Manual makes it easy by providing the insider advice you need to build successful working relationships with writers, illustrators, photographers, printers, web technicians and more. You'll learn to converse in the language each vendor speaks, ensuring clear communication that gets you superior results the first time. You'll find hundreds of market-tested tips for working with:
- Copywriters: Get strong copy and learn typographic techniques that enhance your text while keeping it reader-friendly
- Illustrators: Find the right illustrator for each job and know how to work together to get the best possible results
- Photographers and Photographic Services: Produce your own professional-quality photographs, make the most of photos that are less than perfect and get quality work from every photographer you use
- Paper Merchants: Select the right paper or paper products for the job and work effectively with paper suppliers
- Printers: Negotiate trade-offs for services, then prepare and check jobs to ensure on-press success
- Web Technicians: Collaborate successfully online and consistently develop winning websites
Once you understand vendors' priorities and concerns, you'll be able to position yourself to benefit from every bid that comes your way. You'll save time, money, and you'll get the job done right, every time.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x (d)|