- Gain student learning data and help students visualize their own learning progress.
- Explore the benefits of involving students in the assessment process.
- Learn how to align grading policies and practices to ensure they are valid and reliable.
- Examine how standards-based grading and reporting communicate student learning better than traditional assessment practices.
- Consider how to teach students test-taking skills, which help students perform well and demonstrate their real level of achievement on assessments.
- Use reproducible handouts to create your own effective assessment and feedback practices.
Chapter 1: Enhancing Validity and Reliability of Assessments
Chapter 2: Measuring Students’ Attitudes, Dispositions, and Engagement Using Affective Assessment
Chapter 3: Assessing Student Criterion-Referenced Learning Using Performance-Based Assessment
Chapter 4: Documenting Student Progress through Portfolios
Chapter 5: Creating Rubrics for Student Feedback
Chapter 6: Building Practical Grading Practices
Chapter 7: Building Valid and Reliable Grading Practices
Chapter 8: Improving Communication through Standards-Based Grading
Chapter 9: Understanding and Using Standardized Assessment Data
Chapter 10: Teaching Test-Taking Skills
References & Resources