Now you can create and view electronic documents for use on disk, CD-ROM, and the World Wide Web faster and easier than you ever imagined. This book/CD set provides you with all the information you need to create professional, interactive documents with Adobe Acrobat Pro. You'll be able to create everything from interactive advertisements to dynamic electronic books, magazines, and much more!
Authored by two experts on interactive multimedia, one of whom was an original Acrobat development team member, Designing Interactive Documents with Adobe Acrobat Pro will take you step-by-step through building several complete documents. Specifically, you'll learn how to:
• Navigate through a document with the Acrobat Reader
• Create, edit, and enhance documents with Acrobat Exchange and PDF Writer
• Convert files from other applications for use in your interactive document
• Add notes and icons, and embed fonts
• Link graphics, video, and audio to your document
• Convert PostScript files to PDF using Distiller
• Create links to Web pages or URLs
Real-life case studies illustrate how Acrobat has been successfully used at Adobe, Intel, Thomsen Financial Services, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Wharton Business School, and other organizations.
The first complete hands-on guide to using Adobe Acrobat, this book/CD set is a valuable resource for publishers, marketers, and multimedia developers.
• -Acrobat Viewer for Windows, Macintosh, DOS, and UNIX(r) that lets you browse Acrobat documents
• A hypertext version of this book in Acrobat
• -Sample Acrobat Documents
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.17(h) x 0.98(d)|
About the Author
JOHN DEEP is the President of ReadMe.com, an interactive media firm specializing in electronic publishing and document management. He was part of the Adobe team that developed the Acrobat software.
PETER HOLFELDER is a principal of ReadMe.com. He is a writer, software developer, and Internet consultant.
Table of Contents
BROWSING INTERACTIVE DOCUMENTS.
CREATING INTERACTIVE DOCUMENTS.
ENHANCING INTERACTIVE DOCUMENTS.
PUBLISHING INTERACTIVE DOCUMENTS.
ADVANCED INTERACTIVE DOCUMENTS.