Discover 55 of the most beautiful hikes near Vancouver, each with an exciting destination to reward your efforts.
Planning your next hiking journey in beautiful British Columbia? This new book from the bestselling author of 105 Hikes will show you how to reach the most breathtaking hiking destinations in the province.
- 55 new day trips: celebrate nature big and small with astonishing hikes you can do in one day.
- Large geographical area: the book covers Duffey Lake and the Stein Valley in the north, Washington’s Cascade Mountains in the south, Nanaimo and the Gulf Islands in the west, and Manning Park and the Coquihalla in the east.
- Diverse destinations: including astonishing views, swimming holes, beautiful rivers and lakes, and even a 600-year-old tree.
- History and ecology: the author acknowledges the Indigenous territory each trail crosses, and points out nearby museums, wetlands, temples, and memorials.
- Giving back: A portion of the author’s royalties will go to the Hope Mountain Centre for Outdoor Learning to support trail building and maintenance.
With each hike, bestselling author and seasoned BC hiker Stephen Hui shares everything you need to know to make your day a success. Bonus features include:
- A photograph of every hike
- Topographic maps
- Difficulty ratings
- At-a-glance summaries of special features
- Recommendations for kids and families, and shoulder season.
Related collections and offers
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||37 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
STEPHEN HUI has been hiking, backpacking, and scrambling for more than twenty-five years and is the author of the bestselling 105 Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia. His outdoor writing and photography have appeared in the Georgia Straight, Toronto Sun, and Wild Coast Magazine. Born and based in Vancouver, Hui works for an environmental organization and serves as a director of the Wanderung Outdoor Recreation Society.