Determining Economic Damages guides you start-to-finish through damage assessment and proof. Learn how economic damages are calculated, what to ask a forensic economist, which tables to consult for current data on which to base damages calculations and more.
New in this edition are:
Chapter 8 Income Tax Consequences of Damages Awards and Settlements.
This chapter has been extensively revised and updated to address:
- Income taxation of damages awards and settlements in general.
- Exception from taxation of damages for personal physical injury and physical sickness.
- Detailed example showing how the adjustment for tax-advantaged personal injury damages is made.
- Added awards to offset adverse tax consequences.
Chapter 15 Damages in Employment Disputes
This is a completely new chapter covering:
- Overview of applicable legislation.
- Current trends.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Economist’s role.
- Statistical analysis.
- Types of claims.
- The economic damages model.
- Categories of damages.
- Information and data needed to determine damages.
- Questions the economist should ask.
Plus, major changes are made in Chapter 3 Past and Future Earnings and Chapter 4 Determining the Value of Employer Paid Benefits on data needed by the forensic economist and where to find it. Changes include 9 updated tables in Chapter 3 and 4 updated tables in Chapter 4.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||7 MB|
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 The Damages Expert
- Chapter 2 Overview of Data Needed by the Economist
- Chapter 3 Past and Future Earnings
- Chapter 4 Determining the Value of Employer Paid Benefits
- Chapter 5 Adjusting for Personal Consumption and Support Factors
- Chapter 6 Determining the Value of Non-Market Work, Especially Household Production, as a Component of Economic Damages
- Chapter 7 Loss Duration; Life Expectancy; and Worklife Expectancy
- Chapter 8 Income Tax Consequences of Damages Awards and Settlements
- Chapter 9 Using Reports of Medical and Rehabilitation Experts
- Chapter 10 Legal Opinions
- Chapter 11 Interest Rates and Present Value
- Chapter 12 A Sampling of Methods to Calculate Losses
- Chapter 13 Putting It All Together
- Chapter 14 Tactics and Strategy
- Chapter 15 Damages in Employment Disputes
- Chapter 16 Commercial Economic Damages